Hi everyone, Eileen here. I am busy in my studio getting ready for CHA which is only 10 days away :-0.
CHA is a trade show put on by the Craft and Hobby Association twice a year. This summer it has moved to Las Vegas for the first time so I’m sure we will have fun exploring, if there’s time. And if I feel brave enough to venture out into the 117 degree heat!
Since not everyone can attend the show, I wanted to give you a sneak peek of my new collection, “Cherished”. (I really wanted to call it “Animal Crackers” but the name was already taken- boo.) As you may be able to guess, it is all about babies… Here, take a look…
I also wanted to share this fun washi tape project I made with my Canning Jar ScoreBoards die from the Picket Fence collection. It was super quick and easy to make- you could whip out a bunch of these in no time!
- 658453 Sizzix ScoreBoards XL Die, Canning Jars, 3-D
- 656491 Sizzix Matboard pack- cream
washi tape in your favorite colors, pens that write on dark surfaces (love my Souffle pens by Sakura), Copic markers, chipboard, binder rings, eyelets, twine, button
- Cover a piece of 6″ x 13″ matboard with randomly applied washi tape. Place at an angle and cover a solid area with tape. Cut one of the larger jar lids from plain cream matboard- this will be your label.
- Die-cut 12-15 pieces of the large canning jar from chipboard for pages. Hand draw white lines on each chipboard jar page for recipes.
- Punch two large holes at the tops of the jars. Add eyelets to the front cover. Enclose all pieces in binder ring.
- Wrap twine around the top of the jar and tie on a button.
- On the smaller jar label, write your title in black permanent pen. Add color with Copic markers. Outline the larger label with the chisel end of the marker (finally a reason to use that end!) and adhere smaller label on top. Adhere label piece to jar.
- Add recipes! This is my most requested party appetizer- everyone wants me to bring these meatballs to their parties.
Here’s another version of this die using the Trinity’s Flower die and Rosebuds & Seed Packet Set, assembled in the usual way. That’s right- I embossed the matboard! Isn’t it pretty? Read about my engaged daughter that won’t set a date here… sigh
Please visit my blog at for more ideas and techniques. Wish me luck in my preps for CHA :-0 If you are there, please stop by and say hi! Booth #629- I’ll be demoing Tuesday from 11AM- 1PM, Wednesday from 2PM- 4PM and Thursday from 9AM-11AM.
FYI- if you are not able to attend CHA, you can still see what’s happening by tuning in to Live from CHA, a LiveStream event put on by Charity Wings. It’s free to watch on line- you can see what’s happening at the show, watch exclusive interviews, see new products, and for $10, you can buy a raffle ticket which will enter you for lots of prizes being given away throughout the show, plus you will be contributing to a good cause. Click here for more info.